zondag 17 oktober 2010

Yellow Orchid On Red

This painting is a good example of my way of working. I usually start with the background of the painting. (after I've drawn the flowers) I mix one color and apply it on the background. I like to do the background first so I can paint the flowers on the background and don't have to worry about the background anymore.
After I painted the background and the first layer of yellow of the flowers, I continue to give the flowers more depth. Mostly this means I give some areas more light and others more shadow. Acrylics are wonderful paint, because you can use white to make lights in the painting; if you use watercolors this is more difficult. I like acrylics because I can start with one colored flower and add more color in different steps. In this way I 'build' the painting.
The end result. The hearts of the flowers got more details and the shadows are darker. I like the finished painting. It was fun to paint.
The painting is sold.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten